APPLICATIONS DUE BY MIDNIGHT 1st NOVEMBER
From 15th November WTS will have one studio space available for local artists
6 month lease
Size roughly 3 x 4 m
Artists will need to submit an application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Artists must submit:
- Document (max. 1 page) including:
- Name and contact details: phone, email, address, website.
- Details about artist’s work
- How artist intends to use the studio, i.e: are they working on a specific project, exploring a concept, experimenting, using a particular media, etc.
- Length of time artist wishes to lease space
- Why artist is interested in Watch This Space
- 3-8 images of artist’s work
The WTS Curatorial Committee will assess applications based on the relevance of the artist’s practice to Watch This Space’s aims as a contemporary experimental art space:
- To create opportunities for local artists’ work to be discovered and made visible through hosting contemporary art exhibitions.
- To provide opportunities for local, interstate and international artists to enrich the artistic and cultural life of Alice Springs through the delivery of high quality contemporary art activities.
- To foster an inclusive creative community of artists who share skills and experiences with each other by accessing the onsite gallery and studio space.
- To offer professional development opportunities for artists including artistic/cultural collaborations and skills development.
- To nurture the full breadth of contemporary art activities including multi-disciplinary art forms, new media and installation work.
Decision will be finalised and applicants notified of outcome before 1st September.
Note: All programming decisions are made by the WTS Curatorial Committee. The committee is made up of three Alice Springs based artists and arts workers.