Studio space available
Applications due by midnight 20th August
From 1st September WTS will have one studio space available for local artists
Lease period between 1-6 months
Size roughly 3 x 4 m
Artists will need to submit an application via email to email@example.com
Artists must submit:
- Document (max. 1 page) including:
- Name and contact details: phone, email, address, website.
- Details about artist’s work
- How artist intends to use the studio, i.e: are they working on a specific project, exploring a concept, experimenting, using a particular media, etc.
- Length of time artist wishes to lease space
- Why artist is interested in Watch This Space
- 3-8 images of artist’s work
The WTS Curatorial Committee will assess applications based on the relevance of the artist’s practice to Watch This Space’s aims as a contemporary experimental art space:
- To create opportunities for local artists’ work to be discovered and made visible through hosting contemporary art exhibitions.
- To provide opportunities for local, interstate and international artists to enrich the artistic and cultural life of Alice Springs through the delivery of high quality contemporary art activities.
- To foster an inclusive creative community of artists who share skills and experiences with each other by accessing the onsite gallery and studio space.
- To offer professional development opportunities for artists including artistic/cultural collaborations and skills development.
- To nurture the full breadth of contemporary art activities including multi-disciplinary art forms, new media and installation work.
Decision will be finalised and applicants notified of outcome before 1st September.
*All programming decisions are made by the WTS Curatorial Committee. The committee is made up of four Alice Springs based artists and arts workers.
Any questions, don’t hesitate to contact our coordinator, Zoya, on 8952 1949 or firstname.lastname@example.org