Call Outs for our 2018 Creative Program are now OPEN!
Applications due by Sunday 19th November, midnight
Watch This Space strongly encourages applications from Northern Territory artists
Watch This Space welcomes proposals from Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal individual artists, groups of artists, curators and community organisations. We offer 3-week exhibition slots with subsidised hire fees in a unique environment: the Centre of Australia, Mparntwe/Alice Springs.
We are currently coordinating our program for March-August of 2018. Please see our Exhibition Proposal Guidelines for more details about the program and how to apply.
Download our Proposal Guidelines here:
2018 WTS Exhibition Proposal Guidelines
If unable to download, please email us at email@example.com for a copy
Designated exhibition spot for artists of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage
In 2018, one of WTS’s seven exhibition spots is designated to a contemporary experimental artist of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander heritage. This is part of our commitment to nurture an inclusive arts community in Central Australia in a sustainable manner. This initiative is a great opportunity to exhibit in a unique space, and seeks to value, respect and promote the practices of Indigenous Australians. We are excited and hope it will encourage artists of Indigenous backgrounds to be part of our program and organisation.
TRAVELLING ARTIST RESIDENCY
Residencies are offered between the months of March – November of each year.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter explaining why you would like to do a residency in Alice Springs and what kind of project you will undertake
• Your preferred dates/month (list 3 in order of preference)
• Five (5) images of recent work
• Artist CV
Amongst our gallery and six studio spaces, Watch This Space reserves one studio for artists living ‘out of town’ – interstate, overseas or outside the NT’s Central Desert region.
• 3.8 x 3.5m studio with desk and chair
• Creative, practical and professional support from our Coordinator
• The opportunity to work in a creative environment amongst five other studio artists, as well as local and interstate exhibiting artists
• Use of WTS tools and equipment (prior arrangement ideal)
• Communal kitchen with fridge, microwave and tea/coffee making facilities.
• Possibility of a pop-up exhibition at the end of the residency (if WTS Exhibition Program permits)
Residency period: one month
Watch this Space is a 10 minute walk from the town centre, shops and supermarket.
Please note accommodation and assistance with travel costs are not included, however, we can provide a list of places to stay nearby to suit a range of budgets.